November 5, 2009

Money Money Money


It's not exactly news that we live in troubled economic times, but in some ways I think the tumultuous economy has helped bring everyone back down to earth in terms of personal finance. For the first time in a long time, people are learning the value of living within your means and just saying no to unnecessary debt!

After my first year on the little adventure I like to call "financial independence," I just wanted to share one of the best tools I've found for helping me manage my money. The best part? It's free.

Allow me to introduce you to my friend:


This website links to all of your online bank accounts, credit cards, savings accounts, investments, and even loans to help give you the best snapshot possible of your personal financial health. A few of my favorite features:

  • Budgeting tool
  • Automatically imports all of your transactions
  • Categories for your spending and income that you can customize
  • At-A-Glance Insights: Charts and graphs galore to show you where your money goes, your net worth, how your habits are changing over time, etc.
  • Ways to save: Mint takes a look at your overall finances and tells you how much alternate banks, credit cards, savings accounts, etc. could be helping you save money every year
  • Alerts you when unusual spending takes place or when bills are due
  • iPhone application makes it easy to use and access on the go
It's as safe and secure as any U.S. financial institution and comes highly recommended and recognized by BusinessWeek, Money Magazine, you name it.


Just my two cents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment