November 12, 2009

I meant to go to the gym...

I really did. But it wasn't where the website said it was supposed to be! So I really had no choice when I couldn't find it other than to come home, cook dinner, and pop in disc one of the HBO John Adams miniseries. Initial review in a nutshell:

Really interesting point of view on our nation's birth. It makes you appreciate the fact that we are a nation at all when you realize how close we came to not having independence at all.

Also, Abigail Adams was pretty wonderful.

"We have too many high-sounding words and too few actions that correspond with them."
-Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to have to find a way to watch that miniseries... and the NYC one. Hearing about your documentary kick has kinda gotten me in the mood!

    ReplyDelete