September 15, 2009

Five Things I Love

Another Tuesday, Another few things I'm loving this week...


1. This Weekly Workout Plan Checklist from RealSimple.com





For someone like me who is lacking in the fitness self-discipline department (to put it mildly), this workout plan makes having a daily workout routine actually seem manageable and dare I say... FUN?






2. Wash and Fold Laundry Service




A staple on the Lower East Side unless you enjoy spending an entire Saturday in a hot, crowded laundromat. If only they could put it all away for me afterwards... le sigh.








3. The Dave Ramsey Show Podcast on iTunes



Call me a nerd for listening, but I love the hopeful way Dave talks people through their personal finance issues using the philosophy of living within your means. Especially in these economic times when so many are losing sleep, not to mention their homes, his message is more important than ever.





4. Project Runway's Althea





She may only be 23, but Althea is one of my favorite designers so far this season. I can't wait to see what else she is going to come up with!!






5. American Wife




This fictional account of a Republican first lady is definitely inspired by the life of Laura Bush, but fictional is still the key word here. One fact not in dispute: Curtis Sittenfeld is an amazing writer with a gift for vivid characterization and I loved this book!





My Bonus crush for the week: This SEPTEMBER weather!! Blue skies, not too cold for shorts, not too hot for a cute cardigan. Ah, perfection.


Love,
Allie


P.S. I will definitely be hitting up my neighborhood bakery Sugar Sweet Sunshine for their pumpkin spice cupcake with cream cheese frosting this week. So much for #1 on my list!




No comments:

Post a Comment