July 15, 2009

Our New Digs

We recently decided to make to move from our beloved Brooklyn Heights into Manhattan's notoriously hip(ster) Lower East Side, picking up a couple more roommates along the way. Though still knee-deep in boxes, the new apartment already feels like home! We are attempting to channel the spirit of the Friends apartment... 

I can only assume that we have plenty of zany sitcom-worthy moments to look forward to this year... (Turkey's stuck on people's heads, our own Ugly Naked Man neighbor to spy on, etc.)

The most exciting part about the move for me is probably the fact that I now have my own room for the first time in 5 years!! Don't ask me how this is possible- I've been lucky to have amazing roommates all the way through- but as you can imagine it feels pretty awesome to have a little nook to call my own in this massive concrete jungle. Decorating has been so much fun and though mourning the death of my beloved decor magazine Domino in my hour of need, I actually have discovered some fantastic design blogs that are a wealth of ideas, even for a girl on a budget! Here are a few of my inspirations and their sources: 



















http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/



















http://www.designspongeonline.com/



















http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/

I'll post some pictures of the finished product when it's all done, which will hopefully be in time for our housewarming party in just a couple weeks!  


No comments:

Post a Comment